AlmaOliva Arbequino- Award Winning Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2011-2012 Harvest, 17-Ounce Glass Bottle
Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the Arbequino olive variety. This is a complex olive oil with hints of chamomile, banana, citric fruits and grass. Delicately fruity and very well balanced olive oil: sweet at the beginning and almondy in its final phase. Harvested in early November and extracted in the same day of harvest.
To conserve the health promoting compounds best used cold: dippings, salad dressings or just added cold to a hot dish at the time of serving. Almazara de la Subbetica's Olive Groves are situated in the rugged mountains of the Subbetica Sierra National Park in Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain. This region enjoys an ideal microclimate to grow olives: it has a relatively high rainfall with wide temperature variations. The work of the land in these olive groves is arduous, the slopes of the olive groves can be of up to 70% in this mountainous terrain- many olive trees here grow without irrigation in the "wild." Still, it is in this difficult environment that legendary olive trees from Roman times , some thousand years old, produce some of the best Olive Oils of the world.
The altitude of the Olive Groves is between 700 and 1000 mts. above sea level. These old trees are so well adapted to the terrain that are, by nature, resistant to pests, frost and drought. Also, they are well adapted to limy soil and many grow in wild forests of olive trees.
- Manufactured by: Almazaras de la Subbetica
- Merchant SKU: 1025
- SOME OF THE MOST RECENT AWARDS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- - Los Angeles Competition 2011- Silver Medal
- - Oli Da Oliva L'Orciolo D'Oro (Pesaro) Italy 2011- Gran Menzione Frutado Ligero
- - Terrolivo Israel 2011- Prestige Gold Medal
- - Olive oil Competition China 2011: Grand Mention
- - Olivinus World Competition Argentina 2011- Gran Prestigio Gold Medal
- - Los Angeles Extra virgin Olive Oil Competition 2012. Gold Medal. Delicate Arbequina
- -Los Angeles Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition 2013. BRONZE MEDAL Medium, Arbequina, Priego De Cordoba DOP 2013