Rincon De La Subbetica- Award Winning, Organic Cold Pressed EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2012-2013 Harvest, 17-Ounce Glass Bottle
Award Winning Organic Extra Virgin Olive made exclusively from the Hojiblanca olive variety. Intense fruity with hints of green apple, leaf, grass, peppermint and thyme. This is a very Complex and very well Balanced olive oil: sweet with almond notes at the beginning, slightly bitter and peppery in its final phase.
The Rincon de la Subbetica's Olive Grove is situated in the rugged mountains of the Subbetica Sierra National Park in Cordoba, Spain. This region enjoys an ideal microclimate to grow olive trees: it has a relatively high rainfall with wide temperature variations. The work of the land in these olive groves is arduous, the slopes of the olive groves can be of up to 70% in this mountainous terrain- the olive trees here grow without irrigation in the "wild." Still, it is in this difficult environment that legendary olive trees from Roman times , some thousand years old, produce the most Awarded Olive Oil in the World: "Rincon de la Subbetica". This is the "Romanee-Conti" of Olive Oils.
The altitude of the Olive Grove is between 700 and 1000 mts. above sea level. These old trees are so well adapted to the terrain that are, by nature, resistant to pests, frost and drought.
Rincon de la Subbetica is 100% Certified Organic and harvested Pre Envero in early Autumn to maximize the content of antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
To conserve the health promoting compounds best used cold: dippings, salad dressings or just added cold to a hot dish at the time of serving.
- Manufactured by: Almazara De La Subbetica
- Merchant SKU: 1010
- SOME OF THE MOST RECENT AWARDS:
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition BEST OF CLASS, GOLD MEDAL Robust, Hojiblanca, Priego De Cordoba DOP 2013
- New York International Olive Oil Competition. Gold Medal 2013
- Olio Capitale: 1st price by consumer's choice Award, 2010
- Olio Capitale: 1st price by expert's choice Award, 2010
- Oli Da Oliva L'Orciolo D'Oro, Pesaro Italy: 1st prize, 2010
- Sol D'Oro, Verona Italy: Gran Menzione, 2010
- Monocultivar, Italy: Gold Medal, 2010
- Saporbiolio, Italy: Gran Menzione, 2010
- World Edible Oils, Paris: Gold Medal, 2010
- International Olive Oil Awards, Zurich: Gold Medal, 2010
- VIII Concurso Europeo de Aceites DOP, Portugal, 2010
- Ministry of Agriculture of Spain: 1st prize for Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2010
- BioCordoba: Gold medal, 2010
- Gastrotur, Granada-Spain, First Prize Organic Hojiblanca variety, Nov. 2010
- Flos Olive Guide, Rome, Best DOP Olive Oil Award, NOv. 2010
- Sol D'Oro, Verona, Gran Menzione Intense Fruity Category, March 2011
- Fira Natura, Lerida-Spain, Best Organic Olive Oil Award, April 2011
- AVPA Paris Gourmet, Paris, Gourmet Gold Award, April 2011
- International Olive Oil Awards, Zurich, Gold Medal Fruity Medium Category, April 2011
- Concorso Internationale BIOL, Italy, First Prize Best Organic Olive Oil, April 2011
- Biol Ecoliva, Jaen-Spain, First Prize Intense Fruity Category, April 2011
- Expoliva, Jaen-Spain, First Prize Green/Peppery Category, May 2011
- Terrolivo, Israel, Grand Prestige Gold Award, May 2011
- Der Feinschmecker, Hamburg, Top 50 Olive Oils in the World, May 2011
- Monocultivar, Milan, Gold Medal Hojiblanca Category, May 2011
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition, Silver Medal in the Intense Fruity Category, 2011
- Guia Flos Olive Oil 2012, Roma, Italia . 97 points.
- Terraolivo.Israel. International Extra virgin Olive Oil Compettion. Gran Prestige Gold 2012