Masia el Altet High Quality- Award Winning Cold Pressed EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2012-2013Harvest, 17-Ounce Black Glass Bottle
Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil Intense Fruity, sweet and aromatic, with great Complexity and Character. It has notes of newly-picked tomato, banana (very pronounced), apple, green almonds, fresh herbs, kiwi, artichoke and aromatic plants. It is a "Coupage" or blend of 5 varieties of olives; approximately 60% Picual, 20% Arbequina and 20% of native varieties: Genovesa, Blanqueta and Alfafarenca which helps to create and oil with great personality- distinct from any other.
Masia el Altet Premium enjoys an unusual low acidity of about 0.08% that makes it a rarity in the olive oil world, this characteristic alone is pursued by many connoisseurs.
The production is limited to the Estate which is comprised of an olive grove situated in a unique environment. Half of the Estate is located in Sierra Mariola Natural Park and the other half in the northern slope of Font Roja Natural Park- this is in the middle of the Alicante Mountains of Spain. The olive grove is at an altitude of 780-830 mts. above sea level and benefits from an uncommon Mediterranean microclimate with a Continental influence that give brief Spring and Autumn seasons, temperate Summers and very cold Winters. The latter makes it difficult for olive trees to grow but has proved to be a positive factor in the quality of the oil.
The influence that Sierra Mariola has on the olive grove is very important- Sierra Mariola has been cataloged as one of the sierras with the largest variety of aromatic and medicinal plants in the world. Empirically, this has proven to have an important effect in the complexity of the aroma and taste of Masia el Altet's olive oils.
Harvested Pre Envero in early Autumn to maximize the content of antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
To conserve the health promoting compounds best used cold: dippings, salad dressings or just added cold to a hot dish at the time of serving.
- Manufactured by: Masia el Altet
- Merchant SKU: 1006
- MASIA EL ALTET MOST RECENT AWARDS:
- New York International Olive OIl Competition, Silver Medal Medium Blend 2013
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition.BEST OF CLASS, GOLD MEDAL Medium, High Quality, Comunidad Valenciana 2013
- Leone D'Oro Award, Italy: Gran Menzioni, 2010
- Montoro Competition, Spain- 1st prize on the Extra Virgin Olive Oil category, 2010
- VEREMA,Spain: 1st prize to the best Olive Oil, 2010
- SIAL, Canada: Olive D'or 1st prize, 2010
- Ministry of Agriculture of Spain: 2nd prize, 2010
- ARMONIA, Pesaro-Italy: 1st prize and Gold Medal, 2010
- Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition: Best of Class Robust, 2010
- L'Orciolo D'Oro, Gradara-Italy: 1st prize and Gold Medal
- Sol D'Oro , Verona-Italy: Gran Menzioni, 2010
- Olio Capitale, Trieste-Italy: Gran Menzioni, 2010
- Oil China, Shanghai: Bronze Medal, 2010
- Sial China, Grand Mention, 2010
- Der Feinsmeker, Germany: Mention of Honor
- International Quality Awards, Belgium: 3 stars for "Premium", 2010
- International Quality Awards, Belgium: 2 stars for "High Quality", 2010
- Consejo Oleico Internacional CIU, Bronze Medal, 2010
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition, Gold Medal on the Medium Fruity Category, 2011
- Terra Olivo Israel. Prestige Gold Award.International Mediterranean Olive 011 Competition 2011
- Bronze Medal. International Olive Oil Competition Oil China. 2011
- 2 Gold Stars. International Taste & Quality (BELGIUM).2011
- Prestige Gold. OLIVINUS International Competition for extra virgin olive oil. Argentina 2011
- Distinzione. L'ORCIOLO D'ORO. 2011
- Best of Class. Los Angeles International virgin olive oil competition 2012
- Gold Medal. Los Angeles International virgin olive oil competition. 2012
- First Price. Concorso Internazionale L'ORCIOLO D'ORO. Italy.2012
- Silver Medal. International Olive Oil competition."Oil China".Shangai.2012
- Two Golden Stars. International Taste & Quality Institute. ( Brussels-Belgium).2012