Melgarejo Composicion Premium Blend- Award Winning Cold Pressed EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2012-2013 Harvest, 17-Ounce Black Glass bottle
Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil intense fruity, made of picual, Frantoio, hojiblanca and arbequina olives. This is a complex oil with hints of tomato vine, apple, fresh grass, artichoke and green almond shell. Its flavor can be described as very well balanced: sweet, slightly bitter and pungent. OLIVE GROVE REGION: Jaen, Andalusia. ALTITUDE: 675 mts. above sea level. VARIETIES: Picual, Frantoio, Hojiblanca and Arbequina. HARVESTING SYSTEM: Mechanical means. EXTRACTION SYTEM: Two Phase Continuous System. COLOR: Green Filtered. PAIRING: Salads, meats, potatoes, pasta, cheese. Melgarejo was named "Producer of the Year 2010" by The Olive Times.
Melgarejo is a family estate producer that has been in the olive oil business since the 18th century in Jaen, Spain. The current generation has demonstrated a vocation for Research and Development to extract hidden flavors and aromas from olives. The results of their labor is the Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil Melgarejo Delicatessen- a blend of Picual, Frantoio, Hojiblanca and Arbequina olives.
Harvested Pre Envero in early Autumn to maximize the content of antioxidants and other health promoting nutrients.
To conserve the health promoting compounds best used cold: dippings, salad dressings or just added cold to a hot dish at the time of serving.
- Manufactured by: Melgarejo
- Merchant SKU: 1012
- SOME OF MELGAREJO'S MOST RECENT AWARDS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition: GOLD MEDAL Robust, Composicion Premium, Andalucia 2013
- New York International Olive Oil Competition: Gold Medal, Robust Blend, 2013
- Mario Solinas Award in Madrid: Finalist 2009-2010
- Armonia Award in Turin: Grand Mention Diploma in the "Intense Fruity" modality 2009-2010
- Los Angeles County Fair: Silver Medal 2008-2009
- Armonia Award in Turin: Grand Mention Diploma "Intense Fruity" and Grand Mention Diploma to the packaging 2008-2009
- Mario Solinas Award in Madrid: Finalist 2008-2009
- Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition, Silver Medal in the Medium Fruity Category, 2011
- Los Angeles County Fair: Best of Class Gold Medal 2010
- Los Angeles County Fair: Silver Medal in the Medium Fruity Category, 2011
- Second Prize "Mario Solinas" quality award in the section Intense Green Fruitiness organised by the International Olive Council.2011
- Grand Prestige Gold Medal among the top 20 oils in Terraolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition (Israel).2011
- 2012 Gold Medal Robust Category Andalucia . Los Angeles Olive Oil Competition.2012